A Message from the Administrative Team:
Did you know...
...that our parent volunteers help make our school a better place? We want to thank all our parents for all their contributions they have made to help out in our Bessborough community. For those who didn't get a chance to see, here is the video that our students and staff did to show their appreciation.
...that we can see STEM (or STEAM) in mixing music and art with technology? Our intermediate students created paintings using water colour and conductor paint. They connected the Makey Makeys to their art piece and then created music using Garage Band. Students composed music to match the mood of the art piece. It was so much fun listening to the music and seeing the art that goes with it!
A Message from Ms Rosenbloom:
All the best Grade 8 Grads!
Thank you staff for giving Bessborough Students these opportunities to be involved, lead and learn in these various clubs! Our programs are rich because we have you!
Name of Club
Student Grade/Division Applicable
Day of the Week
Time of Day
All year - lunch (Mondays)
Smoothie Chat (Aka Girls’ Group)
Wed All year- before school
Movie Making Club
Wednesday after school starting in January
Wednesdays after school
Every Friday at lunch
Tues lunch Feb - May
Tuesday, all year, lunch
Thursdays, all year, lunch
Junior Boys Club
Thursdays @ beginning of lunch
Thursday @ lunch Jan-May
Thursdays after school (3:25-4:25), all year
6 to 8
Thursday @ Lunch
Junior Girls Club
Tuesdays @ Lunch - 12 pm start
- We published 38 weekly bulletins, 11 class parent emails, and maintained a current and helpful website.
- We held 4 General Meetings, 6 Executive Meetings (and published minutes for each!), spent many hours in community outreach, committee, superintendent, ward, staff, student and administration meetings.
- We supported our staff, appreciating them with cookies, flowers, candy apples, turkeys and with classroom funding.
- Through our PRO grant we had Kendra Fisher give us powerful and very personal insight into mental health awareness.
- We had 358 registrations for 30 lunch programs.
- We brought our parent community together with Street Crawl, Men with Axes, Lawn Bowling and Ladies’ Night.
- 203 kids ate 1015 sub lunches, and everyone ate pizza!
- Our families came together at our Welcome Back BBQ & Movie Night and at Mayfair.
- We supported the celebration of years of growth at Bessborough with grade 8 graduation ceremonies.
- We reached out to the community around us, donating to New Circles, supporting the Georgia Walsh Memorial, and committing funds so that children at two schools will get the gift of literacy next year with Empower Reading.
- We enhanced our kindergarten learning with great new yard facilities.
- We gave necessary financial support to kids who would otherwise have missed out.
- We welcomed new families to Bessborough - adults and kids in kindergarten and grade 7.
- We supported our kids: with technology for next gen learning accommodating all learners, with books and reading programs, new instruments, a fun science day, arts education and performances, club funding, and socials like teacher events, Sky Zone and the Danceathon, as well as physical activities like Kilometre Club.
- ‘We’ wrote many, many cheques, made many deposits, and processed expense reports and budgets to go with.
- We supported the staff who teach our kids perspective on being citizens of a bigger world.
- We carefully considered, budgeted and planned for our expenditures, and for the fundraising activities that allowed us those.
- We welcomed volunteer coordinators to help everyone find a way to be part of our efforts, and supported the class parents who in turn support our teachers and kids.
- As a core committee, we formed, stormed, normed and performed, working together sharing history, perspective, enthusiasm and experience to be effective.
Planning for Next Year!